Join our team as a YOUTH PROGRAMS INTERN for Fall 2011!
Application deadline is June 30, 2011.
The Youth Programs Interns will work closely with the Youth Programs staff to promote and support the involvement of young people in Development and Peace. Currently more than 180 Development and Peace JUST YOUTH groups across the country participate in our education and fundraising campaigns. Learn more about Development and Peace and our Youth Programs at www.devp.org and http://youth.devp.org.
The internship is a volunteer position with a monthly honorarium, for young adults aged 18-35, for the period of September 6 to December 23 2011. It has been designed to meet the needs of the organization and the Intern’s learning goals. For the fall of 2011, we invite applications for 2 internship positions in our Toronto office.
The interns will contribute to: Producing our 2011-12 THINKfast! materials, the Youth Blog and other Social Media platforms, Outreaching to Catholic schools in Ontario and JUST YOUTH groups across Canada, and Database and Administration work.
Responsibilities will include:
- Production of our new THINKfast! kit, in collaboration with the Youth Programs Team, including project planning, writing materials, developing popular education activities, print design, formatting, and mailings
- Developing campaign activities for our print and online Fall JUST NEWS.
- Provide general office admin support, such as responding to requests from teachers, chaplains and members, entering data and building databases and email lists for THINKfast! and JUST YOUTH groups, and organizing materials, videos and books in the office.
- Participate in the design and facilitation of campaign workshops for young people on advocacy, faith and global social justice issues.
- Outreach by phone and email to student leaders in Ontario Catholic schools; make presentations on Development and Peace to high school students as needed.
- Along with the Toronto-based Animator and local members, participate in the planning and facilitation of the Fall Education & Action Campaign workshops and Student Days.
- Participate in our social media initiatives, including video, photo and blogging.
- Participate in the development of youth program and online strategies.
- Proficiency in Microsoft XP, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Goal-oriented and ability to work independently
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Strong writing, presentation and facilitation skills
- Ability to create educational and interactive materials on social justice and global social justice issues
- Familiarity with the Catholic Church and its commitments to social justice and international development
- Desire to learn and to serve the movement of Development and Peace
- Fluency in French
- Experience with our Youth Programs or Development and Peace at your school, parish or community
- Experience with video production, digital editing, design, and photography
- Experience in online outreach and campaign-based social media for non-profit organizations
For these internship positions Development and Peace is offering an honorarium of $500 per month for 35 hours/week, which includes occasional evening and/or weekend presentations. The internship requires a minimum 4-month commitment, with a possibility of extension into 2012.
Send in a) your resume b) a cover letter describing why you would like to work for Development and Peace, what you would contribute to it, and what you hope to learn during your internship.
Send your application by email to Genevieve Gallant, Youth Programs, Development and Peace at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HIRING PROCESS: Application deadline is June 30, 2011. Short-listed candidates will be contacted by email in mid-July. Interviews will take place in the first week of August. Start Date is September 6, 2011.