The deadline for applications has been extended to
December 11, 2011!
Development and Peace’s Youth Program is organizing a pan-Canadian Youth Delegation to attend the Peoples Summit on the Environment in Rio de Janiero, Brazil, in June 2012! This summit runs parallel to the UN Conference on Sustainable Development, Rio + 20, and will be a dynamic experience for young leaders of the organization. The focus of this international conference also coincides with D&P’s current five-year theme of environmental justice!
Given this unique opportunity, this tour will replace the immersion trip usually organized for youth each year.
Please note that this is for young leaders who have been active for at least one year with Development and Peace and that all youth leaders, whether or not they have already participated in an immersion trip, are encouraged to apply to attend.
Download the application form here and please email your applicaton to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to submit your application form is Sunday, December 4, 2011, December 11, 2011. Three Anglophone and three Francophone youth leaders will be selected to join the delegation and will be contacted before Christmas.
To be eligible, you must:
- Be between 18 and 30 years (18 years old at the start of the tour, or 30 at the time of application).
- Have been an active youth leader of Development and Peace for at least one year and your involvement must have been consistent and notable throughout the year.
- Be a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Be willing to share your journey with other youth and your community prior, during and after the trip through fund-raising, organizing events and via social media.
- Be available for conference calls on a semi-regular basis from January to June, 2012.
- Be available for travel between June 9 and June 29th, 2012.
Exact dates for travel are not yet decided, as we are waiting on official dates to be decided by the Peoples Summit organizers. There will be two days of orientation immediately prior to departure and approximately 15 days on the ground in Brazil where we will also have the opportunity to meet with some of Development and Peace’s Latin American partners.
Further details are given in the application form, but as always, feel free to contact me with your questions, or leave a comment below! We hope that you can join us on what is sure to be a fantastic learning experience.