If you want to get involved in Development and Peace, there are lots of ways you can!
We are collecting ideas on what you can do, where ever you are. Contributions welcome!
- Learn about our action campaign on hunger and agrofuels and then ask to make a presentation at your school, parish or youth group. No need to be an expert – show a video or host a discussion.
- Encourage family and friends to become Share-Year-Round donors.
- Hold a fundraiser… be creative and try to create solidarity with those in the Global South while you are at it.
- Start up a youth group in your area and register as a JUST YOUTH Group.
- Lead a Walk for Water and get pledges, have a Rich/Poor meal: try to give people an experience of what it might be like to live in another part of the world.
- Check out THINKfast! and peruse all our activities … prayer services, icebreakers, skits, and action games.
- Buy fair trade products: www.justcoffee.ca
- Don’t support major companies who do not respect people. Curious about who they are? Do some research and ask around.
- Think of ways that you can take care of the environment-take a personal pledge!
- Become a part of Make Poverty History (www.makepovertyhistory.ca)
- Learn about the Church’s Social Justice Teachings (www.osjspm.org)
- Host a social justice movie night. Food Inc was reviewed by the Carleton University D&P group.
- Go to a Diocesan Council Meeting and get involved in local workshops.
- Have more ideas? Pass them on! Participate in our blog – make a comment or write a blog post with us.